Monday, December 1, 2008

MY PURITY IZ MY SANITY

Today my act of resistance was wearing a sign that said "MY PURITY IZ MY SANITY". Surprisingly i didn't get any negative reactions from it... And I don't think ALiyya or Montrell did either. With this sign I wanted to express how important purity actually is... In this day in age a lot of teen girls and boys are pressured into having sex before marriage becuz some ppl think that ABSTAINANCE is LAME ... But 2 me its kind of kool bcuz that shows how much obedience and respect you have for yourself and your body... It also shows patience and self control. I feel that remaining pure is one of the most difficult tasks but its one of the most safe resorts. Think about it... Staying pure protects you from aids, the life threating disease that is killing our youth... Pregnancy... and For the ladies staying pure can save you from heart ache... Sex is a powerful thing, when u sleep with sumone u r giving them a part of your soul... And what if you give urself 2 sum1 and you figure out that they were a jerk aftawrds... That has 2 b one of the worst feeling ever...!!! sum of my friends have experienced that and they all regret it... SAVE URSELF... IF HE LOVES U 4REAL HE WILL WAIT!!! UR WORTH WAITING FOR!!! neva let anyone tell u tht ur not...
When ppl figured out wht the sign i wore sayd they were pleased especially teachers, and my mommy, and current "boo". His reaction was the most shocking becuz we neva discussed anything like that and this was mi chance 2 tell him how i truely felt about it... and he knew that the bible sayd for all of God's children to remain pure... but it had neva bn verbally stated that sex wasn't an option... He didn't realize how important this topic was to mi and to him as well... He said and I quote "bae, it's wheneva u readii... im not finna force it, I think that its pretty hott how u save'n yaself... I dn't disagree with yo choice, im behind u 100%" AWWWZ lolz
But over all i was very excited about all of the reactions of my peers, and their approval of my silent protest. Its amazing how words on a shirt can impact a community. I really didn't have to say much to anyone about the meaning of the sign, or why I was an advocate of abstinence. Most just gave thumbs ups... And i feel that I have accomplished my goal which was to show my peers that it is ok to be comfortable with waiting, and that we should wait. I know that some don't practice abstinence, but if that the case then all I have to say is WRAP IT UP...
Like the women of lysistrata I protested something that I believed in and accomplished what I wanted to, and needed to.

No comments: